The Bottling Dept. Food Hall

The Historic Pearl | San Antonio, Texas

Originally constructed in 1894, a devastating fire claimed the historic Pearl Bottling House in 2003. Clayton & Little rebuilt the structure with a 13,000 square foot modern interpretation of a lost Classical Revival jewel. Pulling its architectural cues from historic photos and original drawings, decorative brick corbelling and stone arches reference the enchanting architecture of the 1890’s. Though not original to the building’s design, Clayton & Little added the roof monitor with clerestory windows to flood the space with light. The addition of a canopy to the north side patio makes outdoor seating a pleasure even on sweltering summer days.

Project Team:
Architecture: Clayton & Little
Interior Design: Clayton & Little
Landscape Architect: Ten Eyck Landscape Architects
General Contractor: Joeris General Contractors

Awards:
2018 Texas Masonry Council, Golden Trowel Award
2018 Urban Land Institute, Global Awards for Excellence
2017 AIA San Antonio, Citation Award

Photography:
Nick Simonite

The Bottling Dept. Food Hall

Details